Re: Simply Awesome

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 8, 2007
      > I forgot to say this: been using it for a while now and it works
      > great; thanks! All issues are gone and it plays real nice with e.g.
      > focus-handling like:
      >
      > let focuslosttransparency=83
      > if version>=602 && has("macunix") && has("gui_running")
      > try
      > let stored_transp=&transparency
      > au! FocusLost * let stored_transp=&transparency | let
      > &transparency=focuslosttransparency
      > au! FocusGained * let &transparency=stored_transp
      > endtry
      > endif

      Nice :-) You probably should test for `has("gui_macvim")` instead of
      `has("macunix")` though ;-)

      Nico

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 9, 2007
        Bjorn Winckler wrote:

        > Is there anybody who objects to me changing 'transparency' to be a
        > percentage (between 0 and 100) instead of a value between 0 and 255?
        > (Nico suggested this in another post.)
        >
        > Otherwise I will go ahead with that option (it seems more intuitive to
        > me than the current range).

        A percentage is easier to understand than something with an arbitrary
        range (why not go to 1024 or 65536?). So 0-100 is good.

        --
        An operatingsystem is just a name you give to the rest of bloating
        idiosyncratic machine-based-features you left out of your editor.