Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

carbonized vim encoding?

Expand Messages
  • the shrubber
    Hi all, I m currently using the carbonised version of Vim for OS X, and am 95% delighted with it. To help fill in the other 5%, i was wondering if anybody
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2002
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi all,

      I'm currently using the carbonised version of Vim for OS X, and am 95% delighted with it. To help fill in the other 5%, i was wondering if anybody knew how to use the right encoding.

      The basic idea is that i should be able to write a text file in some crazy language like French, and if i look at the textfile in standard (terminal) vim, or the mutt internal pager, the accent marks should be readable. Right now, even though both my Terminal.app and vim are set to use latin-1 encoding (default for vim), the two will confuse each other.

      I've tried setting to other things in encoding-names, but that doesn't do the trick, although one would think that latin-1 is the one i want to use, right?

      Some one clear me up a bit?

      Cheers,

      (-S-)

      -----------------------------------------------------
      Protect yourself from spam, use http://sneakemail.com
    • gmark@svs.com
      ... I apologize if I ve asked this before, but I ve got about a dozen projects going -- Does anyone know how to shut off the line-number underlining when using
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2002
      • 0 Attachment
        On Monday, February 18, 2002, at 04:37 AM, the shrubber wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I'm currently using the carbonised version of Vim for OS X, and am 95%
        > delighted with it. To help fill in the other 5%, i was wondering if
        > anybody knew how to use the right encoding.
        >

        I apologize if I've asked this before, but I've got about a dozen
        projects going --

        Does anyone know how to shut off the line-number
        underlining when using VIM from the shell? Is there a
        control sequence to change underlining to, say, a controllable
        highlight color, or eliminate it entirely?

        Mark
      • Eugene Lee
        ... I don t know of any trivial way to change the behavior of a specific attribute (i.e. make underline stuff act bold, reverse, etc.). -- Eugene Lee
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2002
        • 0 Attachment
          On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 04:16:37PM -0600, gmark@... wrote:

          : Does anyone know how to shut off the line-number
          : underlining when using VIM from the shell? Is there a
          : control sequence to change underlining to, say, a controllable
          : highlight color, or eliminate it entirely?

          The easiest way to to turn off syntax highlighting:

          :syntax off

          I don't know of any trivial way to change the behavior of a specific
          attribute (i.e. make underline stuff act bold, reverse, etc.).


          --
          Eugene Lee
          eugene@...
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.