Mapping a modified Enter key?

  • winson.chung
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2007
      Great work on Macvim guys!
      I'm already finding it to be a much better alternative to the carbon
      port.

      I do have a quick question about the mapping of Shift/Ctrl-Enter
      though.
      On the linux version of gvim, I have Shift-Enter mapped to create a
      new line and jump to the first indent. However, with Macvim (using
      the same .vimrc), none of the modified Enter keys seem to have any
      effect (in both normal/insert/other modes). Mapping the plain Enter
      key does work.

      Any ideas?

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2007
        > I do have a quick question about the mapping of Shift/Ctrl-Enter
        > though.
        > On the linux version of gvim, I have Shift-Enter mapped to create a
        > new line and jump to the first indent. However, with Macvim (using
        > the same .vimrc), none of the modified Enter keys seem to have any
        > effect (in both normal/insert/other modes). Mapping the plain Enter
        > key does work.
        >
        > Any ideas?

        I will take a look at it as soon as I get a chance.

        /Björn

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 11, 2007
          > > I do have a quick question about the mapping of Shift/Ctrl-Enter
          > > though.
          > > On the linux version of gvim, I have Shift-Enter mapped to create a
          > > new line and jump to the first indent. However, with Macvim (using
          > > the same .vimrc), none of the modified Enter keys seem to have any
          > > effect (in both normal/insert/other modes). Mapping the plain Enter
          > > key does work.
          > >
          > > Any ideas?
          >
          > I will take a look at it as soon as I get a chance.

          As of r307 you can now map to <S-Enter>, <C-Enter>, <S-C-Enter>. It
          was a trivial patch, sorry about it taking so long to fix.

          /Björn