Ques: Setting font used under vim-carbon

  • Etienne Posthumus
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3 1:04 PM
      Hi

      Thanks to the binary download from Benji, I am now running vim-carbon on
      my iBook OS X.
      Haven't been able to figure how to set the font used, I would like to
      make it a bit larger. Have tried the
      'guifont' 'gfn' setting with some font names, but that doesn't do
      anything.

      Is there a way to set the font used in vim-carbon?

      Etienne Posthumus
      Amsterdam, Nederland
    • Gregory Seidman
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3 1:19 PM
        Etienne Posthumus sez:
        } Thanks to the binary download from Benji, I am now running vim-carbon on
        } my iBook OS X. Haven't been able to figure how to set the font used, I
        } would like to make it a bit larger. Have tried the 'guifont' 'gfn'
        } setting with some font names, but that doesn't do anything.
        }
        } Is there a way to set the font used in vim-carbon?

        Yup, but I'll admit that it's not entirely intuitive. You use set gfn with
        a font name and size. I set gfn to ProFont:h12 (and I'm not sure what the h
        does, but it gives me 12 point ProFont in my Vim window with it and doesn't
        work without).

        } Etienne Posthumus
        } Amsterdam, Nederland
        --Greg
      • Sven Guckes
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5 6:12 PM
          * Etienne Posthumus sez:

          * Gregory Seidman <gseidman@...> [020203 21:19]:
          > Yup, but I'll admit that it's not entirely intuitive.
          > You use set gfn with a font name and size. I set gfn
          > to ProFont:h12 (and I'm not sure what the h does,
          > but it gives me 12 point ProFont in my Vim
          > window with it and doesn't work without).

          now, if there were commands to decrease/increase
          the size of the current font within Vim then...
          this calls for a function, right? anyone?

          Sven