Re: vim 6.0.158 (Carbon) for OS X

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2002
      On Thursday, January 31, 2002, at 06:54 PM, Eugene Lee wrote:

      > On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 11:58:51AM -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:
      > :
      > : This time, I am releasing it as a tar.gz file instead of a dmg.gz.
      > : This seems to be at least as convenient; let me know if you have any
      > : trouble. The problem with downloading the previous version seems to
      > : have gone away, so you can get it by http from
      > : http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/index.html
      > : This gives you a 4MB binhex file, so it should be faster to connect to
      > : my iDisk and use WebDAV. (Can someone remind me of the easy way to do
      > : this? From Finder, I can use the "Connect to Server" item from the Go
      > : menu, but I do not remember the correct address to give it.)
      >
      > http://idisk.mac.com/fisherbb/Public/

      Thanks. The part I forgot was starting with "http://". Since there
      are probably a bunch of keyboard fans on any vim list, I'll mention that
      Command-k brings up the "Connect to Server" dialog in Finder.

      > : I am willing to continue compiling and distributing, but I have no
      > : experience with Mac (or any GUI) programming. Obviously, Dany St-Amant
      > : is too busy at the moment. Can anyone else volunteer?
      >
      > I can give it a whirl. But can I build it with just Project Builder?
      > Or do I need CodeWarrior?

      Project Builder works for me. There are instructions in
      vim60/src/INSTALLmac.txt . If there is anything else I can do to help,
      let me know. Thanks!

      --Benji Fisher