Re: vim 6.0.158 (Carbon) for OS X

  • Eugene Lee
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2002
      On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 11:58:51AM -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:
      :
      : This time, I am releasing it as a tar.gz file instead of a dmg.gz.
      : This seems to be at least as convenient; let me know if you have any
      : trouble. The problem with downloading the previous version seems to
      : have gone away, so you can get it by http from
      : http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/index.html
      : This gives you a 4MB binhex file, so it should be faster to connect to
      : my iDisk and use WebDAV. (Can someone remind me of the easy way to do
      : this? From Finder, I can use the "Connect to Server" item from the Go
      : menu, but I do not remember the correct address to give it.)

      http://idisk.mac.com/fisherbb/Public/

      : I am willing to continue compiling and distributing, but I have no
      : experience with Mac (or any GUI) programming. Obviously, Dany St-Amant
      : is too busy at the moment. Can anyone else volunteer?

      I can give it a whirl. But can I build it with just Project Builder?
      Or do I need CodeWarrior?

      --
      Eugene Lee
      eugene@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2002
        On Thursday, January 31, 2002, at 06:54 PM, Eugene Lee wrote:

        > On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 11:58:51AM -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:
        > :
        > : This time, I am releasing it as a tar.gz file instead of a dmg.gz.
        > : This seems to be at least as convenient; let me know if you have any
        > : trouble. The problem with downloading the previous version seems to
        > : have gone away, so you can get it by http from
        > : http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/index.html
        > : This gives you a 4MB binhex file, so it should be faster to connect to
        > : my iDisk and use WebDAV. (Can someone remind me of the easy way to do
        > : this? From Finder, I can use the "Connect to Server" item from the Go
        > : menu, but I do not remember the correct address to give it.)
        >
        > http://idisk.mac.com/fisherbb/Public/

        Thanks. The part I forgot was starting with "http://". Since there
        are probably a bunch of keyboard fans on any vim list, I'll mention that
        Command-k brings up the "Connect to Server" dialog in Finder.

        > : I am willing to continue compiling and distributing, but I have no
        > : experience with Mac (or any GUI) programming. Obviously, Dany St-Amant
        > : is too busy at the moment. Can anyone else volunteer?
        >
        > I can give it a whirl. But can I build it with just Project Builder?
        > Or do I need CodeWarrior?

        Project Builder works for me. There are instructions in
        vim60/src/INSTALLmac.txt . If there is anything else I can do to help,
        let me know. Thanks!

        --Benji Fisher