Re: Document proxy icon

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 25, 2007
      > MacVim currently displays the path of the current file in the title
      > bar, so it'd be consistent with the current behavior. Furthermore, I
      > know no apps that display an icon for every file, but several that
      > display the icon of the current buffer (TextMate, Smultron,
      > TextWrangler), so it's the de-facto standard.

      Mmm. I've never seen multiple icons in a title bar. It would probably be a bit of
      an eye-sore and not all that useful anyway. It was a wild suggestion.

      I can see the merits of just having the one buffer title/icon there. But I'm still
      not convinced it's the best possibility, that's all, de facto standard or not.

      As a side note, perhaps at some stage making status lines draggable could be
      considered. I think they would look dumb with icons in them, but just making the
      text of the status lines draggable as if dragging the proxy icon could be useful
      and would give all the flexibility required. And a little jiggling of the
      'titlestring' option and I'd easily get something that I would be very happy with.

      Speaking of which, it should be considered what should happen to the proxy icon if
      'titlestring' is set. I can think of good reasons to leave the icon, to remove the
      icon, and to give an option to decide whether to leave it or remove it in such
      circumstances!

      Ben.