Re: vimimfo problem

  • Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2002

      >I have downloaded this version, still I get nothing of the
      >viminfo-facilities. If it matters, I run MacOS 9, and the viminfo
      >file is located in the $VIM directory. The way I've understood it,
      >this should work by default, or is there some setting to be done?
      >I'm grateful for all the help I can get on this.

      After some testing and comparing with my unix box I found the problem.
      The viminfo file is written with unix fileformat, but when it is read
      back, VIM assumes Mac fileformat which it doesn't understand.

      If you convert the file to Mac format after closing Vin it will work
      the next time. But I agree that that is not the best solution:-)

      Axel