Re: *the* MacVim

  • Leedsnet
    Message 1 of 12 , May 9, 2000
      At 03:44 PM 5/9/00, Sven Guckes wrote:
      >I am getting sick of telling people this stuff:
      >
      > MacVim is available from every ftp mirror.
      > However, there are three sites with updates:
      > Obe by Dany St-Amant, obe by Axel Kielhorn,
      > and one by Kenichi Asai ("MacVim Japanese").
      > Please let me know which version you are using.

      I have tried to find an official MacVim site from the vim
      pages and have not been successful. Could you post
      a url where the full comte of what you are 'sick of telling
      people' can be found.

      I am also looking for a copy of a recent 'os_mac.c' I
      have been able to find or make for myself everything
      else.

      >I know this won't solve the requests for
      >"please make me a binary with +perl"
      >but then again it's Apple's problem that
      >there they don't supply a free compiler.

      Maybe they don't & may be they should, but you may
      find this < URL:http://devworld.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/ >
      interesting.

      Ben.
      --
      Leedsnet - The information resource for Leeds and the West Riding
      < URL:http://www.leedsnet.com/ >
      Message 2 of 12 , May 9, 2000
        I'll check it out -- thanks!

        Mark

        Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Mark Stewart wrote:
        >
        > > Pardon the dumb question, but is there a single list I could
        > > look at to show the differences between VIM and VI?
        >
        > :help vi-differences
        >
        > > Or are my
        > > own differences likely due to something I've inadvertently set?
        > > As an example, I'm used to marking a line and then deleting to
        > > that mark, as in "ma" then move to another spot, and "d'a",
        > > which doesn't work in my VIM. Any other differences?
        >
        > This should work in Vim exactly like it does in Vi. Did you remap ' to `
        > perhaps?
        >
        > --
        > This is an airconditioned room, do not open Windows.
        >
        > /-/-- Bram Moolenaar --- Bram@... --- http://www.moolenaar.net --\-\
        > \-\-- Vim: http://www.vim.org ---- ICCF Holland: http://www.vim.org/iccf --/-/
      • david craig
        Message 3 of 12 , May 10, 2000
          Ben-
          On Tue, 9 May 2000, Leedsnet wrote:
          > I have tried to find an official MacVim site from the vim pages
          > and have not been successful. Could you post a url where the full
          > comte of what you are 'sick of telling people' can be found.

          What links I am aware of can be found on my core-dump of links at
          about

          <http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~dac/Marks/code.html#corporate>

          David

          <http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~dac/>
        • Sven Guckes
          Message 4 of 12 , May 10, 2000
            * Leedsnet <info@...> [000510 08:31]:

            http://www.vim.org/macs.html

            > Could you post a url where the full comte of what
            > you are 'sick of telling people' can be found.

            I could put all this onto the webpage -
            but so far I have refrained from doing so.
            I hope that this "official" page can simply
            say "get your MacVim from any ftp mirror"...

            > >I know this won't solve the requests for
            > >"please make me a binary with +perl"
            > >but then again it's Apple's problem that
            > >there they don't supply a free compiler.
            > Maybe they don't & may be they should,
            > but you may find [MPW] interesting.
            > http://devworld.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/

            I have seen MPW - years ago.
            Has it become any better?
            I mean, has it become usable? ;-)
            Anyone?

            PS: "Ben/Leedsnet" - I had to "confirm"
            your postings before they got onto the list.
            So please subscribe if you want to post.
            And fix the From: line to show your name.
            Thanks!

            Sven

            --
            Sven Guckes guckes@... --- Archive: http://www.egroups.com/list/vim-mac