Re: Handling Unicode codepoints outside the BMP

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
      Edward L. Fox wrote:

      > > [...]
      > >
      > > Only two bytes are put in buf[], thus more needs to be changed here to
      > > make it work.
      > >
      > > [...]
      > >
      > > Here too.
      > > [...]
      >
      > I don't know how to deal with the characters outside BMP for XChar2b.
      > I just assume that it is UTF-16. Please help me check this patch:

      Ehm, are you just guessing here? You better find a way to test it.
      I don't want to include this without testing.

      I doubt X11 uses UTF-16, that is something that MS-Windows uses. GTK
      uses utf-8 in most places. Other X11 toolkits probably differ, since
      they are older.

      --
      DEAD PERSON: I'm getting better!
      CUSTOMER: No, you're not -- you'll be stone dead in a moment.