terminal vim for OS 10.4 Intel

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2007
      Hello,

      I'm a longtime Unix user, but pretty new to OS X. I have a 10.4 Intel
      laptop. It came with 6.2 compiled as "normal." I'd like to get a
      "huge" version, but I can't find one out there. I don't want it as a
      GUI or anything; I just want to run it in the terminal. Everything on
      macvim.org seems to be for a carbon app. Many other binaries are
      limited to PPC. Is there anything like what I want out there? Several
      sites point here:

      http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/welcome.html#vim

      But that page doesn't have anything about vim (anymore?).

      Thanks,
      Paul

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2007
        > I'm a longtime Unix user, but pretty new to OS X. I have a 10.4 Intel
        > laptop. It came with 6.2 compiled as "normal." I'd like to get a
        > "huge" version, but I can't find one out there. I don't want it as a
        > GUI or anything; I just want to run it in the terminal. Everything on
        > macvim.org seems to be for a carbon app. Many other binaries are
        > limited to PPC. Is there anything like what I want out there? Several
        > sites point here:

        Simply get the gui version and put

        alias vim=/Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim

        in your ~/.profile. Now `vim` starts the terminal version.

        Nico