Patch 7.1.095 breaks Mac GUI

  • Axel Kielhorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2007
      I'm still using the Carbon version of Vim on MacOS 10.3.

      When patching to 7.1.100 I discovered a problem:

      When I drop a file on Vim, the GUI Windows opens, but it is empty.
      ^G says --No lines in buffer--

      After some testing, I discovered that 7.1.095 was the problem. 7.1.094
      works fine.

      I did a clean install, applied all patches up to 7.1.094, did a
      ./configure --enable-multibyte and
      make.

      This works.

      Once I add 7.1.095 the buffer is empty.
      I did disable my .vimrc, but no change.

      Console version works fine.

      Axel

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2007
        Axel Kielhorn wrote:

        > I'm still using the Carbon version of Vim on MacOS 10.3.
        >
        > When patching to 7.1.100 I discovered a problem:
        >
        > When I drop a file on Vim, the GUI Windows opens, but it is empty.
        > ^G says --No lines in buffer--
        >
        > After some testing, I discovered that 7.1.095 was the problem. 7.1.094
        > works fine.
        >
        > I did a clean install, applied all patches up to 7.1.094, did a
        > ./configure --enable-multibyte and
        > make.
        >
        > This works.
        >
        > Once I add 7.1.095 the buffer is empty.
        > I did disable my .vimrc, but no change.
        >
        > Console version works fine.

        Can you please check if patch 7.1.104 fixes this?

        If it doesn't, please explain how you drop a file on Vim (where is it
        coming from, what is it dropped on?).

        --
        WOMAN: Well, 'ow did you become king then?
        ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake, [angels sing] her arm clad in the purest