Re: vimimfo problem

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2002
      Patrik Nyman wrote:

      > Hi all!
      >
      > I run Vim6 for Mac, and can't get the viminfo file to work as it
      > should according to the documentation. Looking into the file it's
      > clear that things like Command Line History, File marks, Buffer list,
      > etc, are written there from the last session, but when starting Vim
      > and typing " '0 ", I get the reply "E20: Mark not set", and there's
      > nothing in the histories, nor anything else. It seems the file isn't
      > read in at startup. Is there some special trick to this that I'm
      > missing?
      >
      > Thanks a lot,
      > /Patrik

      You might get more help from the vim-mac mailing list (hence the cc).
      Which version of Mac OS are you running, and where did you get your copy of
      vim?

      --Benji Fisher
    • Patrik Nyman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11, 2002

        Benji Fisher wrote:

        > You might get more help from the vim-mac mailing list (hence the cc).
        >Which version of Mac OS are you running, and where did you get your copy of
        >vim?

        I'm running Mac OS 9, and got vim from
        http://homepage.mac.com/macvim/index.html
        linked at vim online.

        /Patrik
      • Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2002

          >I have downloaded this version, still I get nothing of the
          >viminfo-facilities. If it matters, I run MacOS 9, and the viminfo
          >file is located in the $VIM directory. The way I've understood it,
          >this should work by default, or is there some setting to be done?
          >I'm grateful for all the help I can get on this.

          After some testing and comparing with my unix box I found the problem.
          The viminfo file is written with unix fileformat, but when it is read
          back, VIM assumes Mac fileformat which it doesn't understand.

          If you convert the file to Mac format after closing Vin it will work
          the next time. But I agree that that is not the best solution:-)

          Axel