Re: MacVim.app snapshot r203 available for download

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 29, 2007
      > In the future I think that Vim must be made 'input manager aware',
      > but this is a task of epic proportions (at least to me). If
      > anybody would be willing to look into this I would be very grateful.

      There is some IM support in vim -- at least there's a highlighting
      group CursorIM that defines the cursor when IM mode is active.

      On second though, this is not true in general, `:he CursorIM` is in
      the '(Windows IME support) mutibyte-ime' help group, so this is win32
      only.

      On X, there's `:he xim`, especially `:he xim-input-style`.

      So there's some support it seems. I also had the impression that
      Jigod writes chinese text with vim every day, so I think he's got
      some (non-hacky) solution.

      Are there chinese (or japanese, or...) vim users who could describe
      how IMs work on win32 and linux? (user side suffices)

      Thanks,
      Nico