running Carbon vim in Terminal

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2001
      I just noticed that when I run the Carbon version of vim from a
      Terminal window, the vim icon appears in the dock. I consider this a
      bad thing.

      Related question: someone recently asked on the vim users' list
      about compiling vim with X-windows support on Mac OS X. Has anyone
      tried this?

      --Benji Fisher
    • Douglas Stebila
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 20, 2001
        On Thursday, December 20, 2001, at 04:38 PM, Benji Fisher wrote:
        > Related question: someone recently asked on the vim users' list
        > about compiling vim with X-windows support on Mac OS X. Has anyone
        > tried this?

        I'm using the most recent version of X-Darwin and have gvim running with
        X-Windows support. Here's my :version

        VIM - Vi IMproved 6.0 (2001 Sep 26, compiled 11/06/01 21:07:09)
        Compiled by dstebila@localhost
        Normal version with X11-Athena GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
        +autocmd +balloon_eval +browse +builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent
        +clientserver
        +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info +comments +cryptv
        -cscope
        +dialog_con_gui +diff +digraphs -ebcdic -emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra
        +extra_search -farsi
        +file_in_path +find_in_path +folding -footer +fork() -gettext
        -hangul_input -iconv
        +insert_expand +jumplist -keymap -langmap -libcall +linebreak
        +lispindent +listcmds
        +localmap +menu +mksession +modify_fname +mouse +mouseshape -mouse_dec
        -mouse_gpm
        -mouse_jsbterm -mouse_netterm +mouse_xterm -multi_byte +multi_lang
        -osfiletype
        +path_extra -perl +postscript +printer -python +quickfix -rightleft
        -ruby +scrollbind
        -signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary
        +tag_old_static
        -tag_any_white -tcl -terminfo +termresponse +textobjects +title +toolbar
        +user_commands
        +vertsplit +virtualedit +visual +visualextra +viminfo +vreplace
        +wildignore +wildmenu
        +windows +writebackup +X11 +xfontset +xim +xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
        system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
        user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
        user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
        system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
        user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
        fall-back for $VIM: "/opt/packages/vim-6.0/share/vim"
        Compilation: cc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_ATHENA -g
        -O2 -I/usr/X11R6/
        include
        Linking: cc -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o vim -lXaw -lXmu
        -lXext -lXpm -lXt -lX11
        -lcurses

        ---

        Douglas Stebila