Re: Patches over 6.0.093 for MacOS (9 and X)

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 14, 2001
      Dany St-Amant wrote:

      > Le Mardi 27 novembre 2001, =E0 02:37 , Benji Fisher a =E9crit :
      > >
      > > Thanks. I still have the problem that a <C-M> in the viminfo file
      > > causes confusion. I guess I will have to undefine USE_CR again.
      >
      > Yup, the proper fix for require the split of USE_CR into approximately
      > three different EOL definitions. EOL for output to the screen, EOL for
      > files and EOL for system (i.e.:shell) invocation. Before I release a
      > patch for this, I prefer to have Bram's blessing (in the mean time
      > I'll work on it anyway.)

      Are you sure this is required? Let's not make it more complicated than
      what is really necessary. Output to the screen can always be CR-LF,
      files are set by 'fileformats'. For shell invocation I don't see where
      USE_CR is used. I think the viminfo file always uses NL for
      end-of-line, don't know why it would be CR.

      99. The hum of a cooling fan and the click of keys is comforting to you.