MacVim tab switching and the command window

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2007
      Two problems with the command window.

      First problem:

      1. Open MacVim
      2. Open a new tab
      3. Open the command window via q:
      4. Click on the first tab

      Actual result: The first tab is displayed as the active tab in the
      tab bar, but the text area still displays the second tab
      Expected result: Tab switching is not allowed when the command window
      is open; the second tab should remain active in the tab bar (works ok
      in carbon vim. I didn't do anything special to make this happen in
      carbon vim tab code...).

      Second problem: Hitting ctrl-c in the command window should put the
      cursor in the ex line. This happens, but the screen is not updated
      until another key is pressed (works ok in carbon vim).

      Nico
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 20, 2007

        Two problems with the command window.

        First problem:

        1. Open MacVim
        2. Open a new tab
        3. Open the command window via q:
        4. Click on the first tab

        Actual result: The first tab is displayed as the active tab in the
        tab bar, but the text area still displays the second tab
        Expected result: Tab switching is not allowed when the command window
        is open; the second tab should remain active in the tab bar (works ok
        in carbon vim. I didn't do anything special to make this happen in
        carbon vim tab code...).

        Second problem: Hitting ctrl-c in the command window should put the
        cursor in the ex line. This happens, but the screen is not updated
        until another key is pressed (works ok in carbon vim).

        Thanks for reporting this...I will look into it asap.

        /Björn