Re: About MacVIm and System 7 -> MacVim for 68k

  • Sven Guckes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2001
      Hi!

      * Niek Wijngaards <niek@...> [011213 14:29]:
      > I use vim on unix and linux, and now wish to use it on a number
      > of older macs I have. These include 68K-7.5.5 and PPC-7.5.3 and
      > PPC-7.6.1 systems. Only vim 3.0 can run on these macs.
      > The VIM 5.6 complains about a missing 'ContextualMenu',
      > and vim 5.7.9 seems to be compiled for macOS 8.x only...
      > I've installed 'Powermenu' to fake a contextual menu,
      > but that doesn't seem to work for vim5.6 ...
      > Is there a VIM with syntax highlighting which
      > is able to run on a MacOS 7.x.y system?

      well, there are several vim versions for mac systems.
      however, none of these were ever released officially
      via the vim ftp mirror sites. and judging by the mails
      on the vim-mac mailing lists there won't be any... :-/

      really, i have been wishing for *years* that a current
      version of vim was usable on the 68k macs - but it seems
      that the threads about the problems with end-of-line,
      pathnames, meta keys, digraphs, and fonts never end. *sigh*

      but the potential is there! i wish some company would sponsor
      to put Dany St-Amant, Axel Kielhorn, and Benji Fisher in a
      think tank with Bram Moolenaar for a week to get this done...

      sse the page http://www.vim.org/macs.html
      for a list of links to those sites..

      Sven [who once started out supporting vim to get a vi for the Mac..]

      --
      Sven Guckes@... MacVim - Vim for Macintoshs: http://www.vim.org/macs.html
      VIM-MAC Mail List - Questions on Usage: vim-mac-@...