mvim -d crashes

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2007

      I have a script called `mvim` (more or less the mvim script from the
      MacVim google code page) that I use to launch MacVim from the command
      line. Running

      mvim -d file1 file2

      to start MacVim in diff mode results in a MacVim instance that shows
      only a white window and more or less takes down the system. This can
      only be fixed by force-quitting MacVim (which takes a while because
      the system is very unresponsive), which means that all changes made
      in all MacVim windows that were open are lost (well, guess what
      happened to me ;-) ).

      However, running `mvim file` and then doing `:diffsplit file` works
      fine.

      Nico

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2007

        I have a script called `mvim` (more or less the mvim script from the
        MacVim google code page) that I use to launch MacVim from the command
        line. Running

             mvim -d file1 file2

        to start MacVim in diff mode results in a MacVim instance that shows
        only a white window and more or less takes down the system. This can
        only be fixed by force-quitting MacVim (which takes a while because
        the system is very unresponsive), which means that all changes made
        in all MacVim windows that were open are lost (well, guess what
        happened to me ;-) ).

        However, running `mvim file` and then doing `:diffsplit file` works
        fine.

        For the record: I haven't been able to reproduce this either.  Do you still have this problem after deleting all but one instance of MacVim from your hard drive?

        /Björn

      • Nico Weber
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007
          > For the record: I haven't been able to reproduce this either. Do
          > you still have this problem after deleting all but one instance of
          > MacVim from your hard drive?

          Hm, for some reason it does work now. I didn't really change much
          (deleted the old instance, but I don't think that changed much,
          changed my font from Monaco:h10 to Monaco:h12 and installed a
          colorscheme, but...). Strange.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007

            > For the record: I haven't been able to reproduce this either.  Do
            > you still have this problem after deleting all but one instance of
            > MacVim from your hard drive?

            Hm, for some reason it does work now. I didn't really change much
            (deleted the old instance, but I don't think that changed much,
            changed my font from Monaco:h10 to Monaco:h12 and installed a
            colorscheme, but...). Strange.

            Yeah, I don't feel comfortable saying for certain that the old instance was causing this, but I don't have a better guess at this point in time.

            /Björn