Re: MacVim r129 and Xcode

  • amrox
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2007
      I think the problem was that I had two MacVims on my machine. One was
      the r129 snapshot, installed in /Applications and the other was an
      earlier version that I compiled myself, and still living in my ~/src
      dir. I deleted my self-compiled build and it worked fine. Xcode
      launched MacVim and opened the source file just like I would expect.
      I'm fairly (but not completely) sure that I set Xcode to use /
      Applications/MacVim. It seems unlikely, but is it possible that the
      two versions were conflicting somehow?

      I have not ruled out user error on my part =]

      Also, I do see the "3.5 second" delay with MacVim, but only when
      MacVim isn't already open. I also see a similar delay when using the
      Carbon GVim and TextMate, so I think this delay only occurs when Xcode
      has to launch the external editor itself.