Suddenly very slow redraws in Vim.app 7.0.224

  • aip.schaefer@googlemail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2007
      Hello all,

      out of a sudden, my Vim.app exposes strange typing behaviour. When I
      type a fast series of more than 6 characters, screen redraw pauses and
      happens several seconds (!) later than the last keypress. I have to
      type
      most of my text blind.

      I edit mostly a LaTeX Document with UTF-8 encoding and I have set
      macatsui.

      The same VIM in the shell (without GUI, fullpath and -g) does edit
      fast as ever.

      I wonder, if something on my system interferes with VIM, as it did
      definitely work two weeks ago.

      Meanwhile I did compile the latest version from SVN as well, with the
      matasui patch applied. Same behaviour.

      I do not see a beach ball nor do I see crashes or error dialogs in any
      logs. I did double check the lazydraw settings, as there is a section
      about it in the Wiki, but that makes not a difference.

      Has anybody an idea, what may have happened?

      With kind regards,
      André

    • Christian Zagrodnick
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2007
        On 13.08.2007, at 10:21, aip.schaefer@... wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > out of a sudden, my Vim.app exposes strange typing behaviour. When I
        > type a fast series of more than 6 characters, screen redraw pauses and
        > happens several seconds (!) later than the last keypress. I have to
        > type
        > most of my text blind.
        >
        > I edit mostly a LaTeX Document with UTF-8 encoding and I have set
        > macatsui.
        >
        > The same VIM in the shell (without GUI, fullpath and -g) does edit
        > fast as ever.
        >
        > I wonder, if something on my system interferes with VIM, as it did
        > definitely work two weeks ago.
        >
        > Meanwhile I did compile the latest version from SVN as well, with the
        > matasui patch applied. Same behaviour.
        >
        > I do not see a beach ball nor do I see crashes or error dialogs in any
        > logs. I did double check the lazydraw settings, as there is a section
        > about it in the Wiki, but that makes not a difference.
        >
        > Has anybody an idea, what may have happened?

        Actually, I have the very same problem. But *only* with LaTeX
        documents and *only* with Vim.app. Console vim works.

        *strange*

        --
        Christian Zagrodnick

        gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
        www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891