Re: MacVim menu problem ("Buffers")

  • Niklas Lindström
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10 3:37 AM
      Hello!

      I have now exercised a little more discipline when testing. ;)

      It appears that I have a plugin which adds a "PopUp.Buffers" menu
      (which I have long forgotten and never use). This is the culprit,
      without question. To reproduce in a minimal setting, I move aside my
      .vimrc, .gvimrc and .vim files.

      In this setting, MacVim works, menus look fine. *But* I cannot open
      any new (os x) windows (thus this is another bug). Adding an empty
      .vimrc makes this (Cmd-N) work again.

      Now, to trigger the menu bug:

      :amenu PopUp.Buffers.Echo :echo<CR>

      Thus, the special "PopUp" menu is the culprit. The same thing happen
      with anything, e.g.:

      :amenu PopUp.Anything.Echo :echo<CR>

      That my multiple "Buffers" *seemed* to be the real "Buffers" repeated
      was thanks to the plugin, which did just that.. :]

      (Note that :amenu and :menu used with the "PopUp" both trigger the
      bug, but :menu adds fewer multiples. :))

      (Also note that adding regular custom menus works just fine, no menu bugs.)

      I hope this can be of help. For me, it's no longer an issue since I
      have removed that plugin (as I never used it).

      Thanks for your work on MacVim!

      Best regards,
      Niklas

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10 4:46 AM
        In this setting, MacVim works, menus look fine. *But* I cannot open
        any new (os x) windows (thus this is another bug). Adding an empty
        .vimrc makes this (Cmd-N) work again.

        Ok, thanks...I'll take a look at that.

        Now, to trigger the menu bug:

            :amenu PopUp.Buffers.Echo :echo<CR>

        Thus, the special "PopUp" menu is the culprit. The same thing happen
        with anything, e.g.:

            :amenu PopUp.Anything.Echo :echo<CR>

        Thanks a lot...I know what the problem is now.  The fix will be in the next snapshot.

        /Björn

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10 7:23 AM
          On 10/08/07, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
          In this setting, MacVim works, menus look fine. *But* I cannot open
          any new (os x) windows (thus this is another bug). Adding an empty
          .vimrc makes this (Cmd-N) work again.

          Ok, thanks...I'll take a look at that.

          The problem was that Cmd-N et al. were bound to commands with <CR> in them; when you start without .vimrc and .gvimrc, Vim will run with cpoptions containing '<' and 'C', which means bindings like that fail.

          I have updated the system gvimrc file, so the next snapshot of MacVim will work properly.  Thanks again for bringing this problem to my attention.

          /Björn