Re: *the* MacVim

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 12 , May 9, 2000
      Mark Stewart wrote:

      > Pardon the dumb question, but is there a single list I could
      > look at to show the differences between VIM and VI?

      :help vi-differences

      > Or are my
      > own differences likely due to something I've inadvertently set?
      > As an example, I'm used to marking a line and then deleting to
      > that mark, as in "ma" then move to another spot, and "d'a",
      > which doesn't work in my VIM. Any other differences?

      This should work in Vim exactly like it does in Vi. Did you remap ' to `
      perhaps?

      --
      This is an airconditioned room, do not open Windows.

    • Leedsnet
      Message 2 of 12 , May 9, 2000
        At 03:44 PM 5/9/00, Sven Guckes wrote:
        >I am getting sick of telling people this stuff:
        >
        > MacVim is available from every ftp mirror.
        > However, there are three sites with updates:
        > Obe by Dany St-Amant, obe by Axel Kielhorn,
        > and one by Kenichi Asai ("MacVim Japanese").
        > Please let me know which version you are using.

        I have tried to find an official MacVim site from the vim
        pages and have not been successful. Could you post
        a url where the full comte of what you are 'sick of telling
        people' can be found.

        I am also looking for a copy of a recent 'os_mac.c' I
        have been able to find or make for myself everything
        else.

        >I know this won't solve the requests for
        >"please make me a binary with +perl"
        >but then again it's Apple's problem that
        >there they don't supply a free compiler.

        Maybe they don't & may be they should, but you may
        find this < URL:http://devworld.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/ >
        interesting.

        Ben.
        --
        Leedsnet - The information resource for Leeds and the West Riding
        < URL:http://www.leedsnet.com/ >
        Message 3 of 12 , May 9, 2000
          I'll check it out -- thanks!

          Mark

          Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Mark Stewart wrote:
          >
          > > Pardon the dumb question, but is there a single list I could
          > > look at to show the differences between VIM and VI?
          >
          > :help vi-differences
          >
          > > Or are my
          > > own differences likely due to something I've inadvertently set?
          > > As an example, I'm used to marking a line and then deleting to
          > > that mark, as in "ma" then move to another spot, and "d'a",
          > > which doesn't work in my VIM. Any other differences?
          >
          > This should work in Vim exactly like it does in Vi. Did you remap ' to `
          > perhaps?
          >
          > --
          > This is an airconditioned room, do not open Windows.
          >
          > /-/-- Bram Moolenaar --- Bram@... --- http://www.moolenaar.net --\-\
          > \-\-- Vim: http://www.vim.org ---- ICCF Holland: http://www.vim.org/iccf --/-/
        • david craig
          Message 4 of 12 , May 10, 2000
            Ben-
            On Tue, 9 May 2000, Leedsnet wrote:
            > I have tried to find an official MacVim site from the vim pages
            > and have not been successful. Could you post a url where the full
            > comte of what you are 'sick of telling people' can be found.

            What links I am aware of can be found on my core-dump of links at
            about

            <http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~dac/Marks/code.html#corporate>

            David

            <http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~dac/>
          • Sven Guckes
            Message 5 of 12 , May 10, 2000
              * Leedsnet <info@...> [000510 08:31]:

              http://www.vim.org/macs.html

              > Could you post a url where the full comte of what
              > you are 'sick of telling people' can be found.

              I could put all this onto the webpage -
              but so far I have refrained from doing so.
              I hope that this "official" page can simply
              say "get your MacVim from any ftp mirror"...

              > >I know this won't solve the requests for
              > >"please make me a binary with +perl"
              > >but then again it's Apple's problem that
              > >there they don't supply a free compiler.
              > Maybe they don't & may be they should,
              > but you may find [MPW] interesting.
              > http://devworld.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/

              I have seen MPW - years ago.
              Has it become any better?
              I mean, has it become usable? ;-)
              Anyone?

              PS: "Ben/Leedsnet" - I had to "confirm"
              your postings before they got onto the list.
              So please subscribe if you want to post.
              And fix the From: line to show your name.
              Thanks!

              Sven

              --
              Sven Guckes guckes@... --- Archive: http://www.egroups.com/list/vim-mac