Hotkey for Already-Open Dialog?

  • Ted Pavlic
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2007
      I have a feeling this has already been answered somewhere.

      In Vim.app (i.e., gvim), if I open a file for which a swap file already
      exists, I am given the "What do you want to do with the swap file?" box,
      but I have no way to navigate through the dialog's buttons with my keys.
      The best I can do is click the default (to Open Read-Only) and then exit.

      Is there any way I can get that box to respond to my keystrokes?

      Additionally, when I do click "Quit", I am forced to press ENTER once
      before Vim exits. Is there any way I can get rid of that extra enter?

      Thanks --
      Ted

      --
      Ted Pavlic <ted@...>

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 21, 2007
        > My patch will leave gui_mac.c untouched, instead, it will create a
        > new file called gui_mac.m, when ./configure --enable-gui=carbon,
        > vim will be built with the original gui_mac.c, when
        > ./configure --enable-gui=cocoa, gui_mac.m will be used. To allow
        > them share the same set of header files, either FEAT_GUI_CARBON
        > or FEAT_GUI_COCOA will be defined according to configure, in
        > addition to FEAT_GUI_MAC.
        >
        > So you can work on gui_mac.c in parallel with my project, I only
        > need to do some updates when header files changed.

        Ok, cool. Do you have made any changes to gui_mac.c that might be
        useful for me? You said you were working on converting the drawing
        code to quartz. If you made any useful changes (even if they're
        incomplete), please send them to me :-)

        Thanks,
        Nico

      • Ted Pavlic
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2007
          This post was a mistake. It was in my "Unsent" for some reason, and got
          sent out the next time I opened Thunderbird.

          Sorry for the dupe...