Hotkey for Already-Open Dialog?

  • Ted Pavlic
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2007
      I have a feeling this has already been answered somewhere.

      In Vim.app (i.e., gvim), if I open a file for which a swap file already
      exists, I am given the "What do you want to do with the swap file?" box,
      but I have no way to navigate through the dialog's buttons with my keys.
      The best I can do is click the default (to Open Read-Only) and then exit.

      Is there any way I can get that box to respond to my keystrokes?

      Additionally, when I do click "Quit", I am forced to press ENTER once
      before Vim exits. Is there any way I can get rid of that extra enter?

      Thanks --
      Ted

      --
      Ted Pavlic <ted@...>

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2007
        > In Vim.app (i.e., gvim), if I open a file for which a swap file
        > already
        > exists, I am given the "What do you want to do with the swap file?"
        > box,
        > but I have no way to navigate through the dialog's buttons with my
        > keys.
        > The best I can do is click the default (to Open Read-Only) and
        > then exit.
        >
        > Is there any way I can get that box to respond to my keystrokes?

        No. It sucks, and it will hopefully be fixed by Jigod's Summer of
        Code project. If not, I'll fix it, but I'm not working on gui_mac.c
        as long as SoC is not over.

        > Additionally, when I do click "Quit", I am forced to press ENTER once
        > before Vim exits. Is there any way I can get rid of that extra enter?

        iirc you can click "Abort".

        Nico

      • Jjgod Jiang
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 21, 2007
          Hi Nico,

          > No. It sucks, and it will hopefully be fixed by Jigod's Summer of
          > Code project. If not, I'll fix it, but I'm not working on gui_mac.c
          > as long as SoC is not over.

          My patch will leave gui_mac.c untouched, instead, it will create a
          new file called gui_mac.m, when ./configure --enable-gui=carbon,
          vim will be built with the original gui_mac.c, when
          ./configure --enable-gui=cocoa, gui_mac.m will be used. To allow
          them share the same set of header files, either FEAT_GUI_CARBON
          or FEAT_GUI_COCOA will be defined according to configure, in
          addition to FEAT_GUI_MAC.

          So you can work on gui_mac.c in parallel with my project, I only
          need to do some updates when header files changed.

          - Jiang

        • Nico Weber
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 21, 2007
            > My patch will leave gui_mac.c untouched, instead, it will create a
            > new file called gui_mac.m, when ./configure --enable-gui=carbon,
            > vim will be built with the original gui_mac.c, when
            > ./configure --enable-gui=cocoa, gui_mac.m will be used. To allow
            > them share the same set of header files, either FEAT_GUI_CARBON
            > or FEAT_GUI_COCOA will be defined according to configure, in
            > addition to FEAT_GUI_MAC.
            >
            > So you can work on gui_mac.c in parallel with my project, I only
            > need to do some updates when header files changed.

            Ok, cool. Do you have made any changes to gui_mac.c that might be
            useful for me? You said you were working on converting the drawing
            code to quartz. If you made any useful changes (even if they're
            incomplete), please send them to me :-)

            Thanks,
            Nico

          • Ted Pavlic
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 22, 2007
              This post was a mistake. It was in my "Unsent" for some reason, and got
              sent out the next time I opened Thunderbird.

              Sorry for the dupe...