gvim crashing: Caught deadly signal BUS?

  • Peter Krantz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2007
      Hi!

      I am having trouble with the latest gvim version. From having no
      trouble at all, I now get a crash a couple of times a day when opening
      files for editing. Restarting gvim solves the problem.

      Where can I fin more on what can be causing the error? The OS X
      messages console says:

      Vim: Caught deadly signal BUS
      Vim: preserving files...
      Vim: Finished.

      I am running version 7.0.224 (downloaded from macvim.org).

      Regards,

      Peter
    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2007

        > I am having trouble with the latest gvim version. From having no
        > trouble at all, I now get a crash a couple of times a day when opening
        > files for editing. Restarting gvim solves the problem.

        it would help a lot if you could figure out how to reproduce the
        problem...

        Nico