Three small patches

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2007
      Hi,

      I wanted to send this several days ago, but the lists kept rejecting
      my mails (silently). Took me a while to figure out that my mail
      client started send mails from @... instead of @....

      Hi,

      here are some low-risk patches to improve the mac experience of vim
      7.1. I hope they can be included before the release :-)

      contextmenu1.diff, contextmenu2.diff: On intel macs, the context menu
      doesn't work, because the test if the system provides context menus
      is not endian-agnostic. Version 1 of this patch fixes the test.
      Version 2 removes the test altogether, since all versions of OS X
      support context menus. Version 2 does also remove a call to a
      deprecated function (InitContextualMenus()). I believe these checks
      are from before Apple used ppc chips...I'd suggest including version 2.

      doc.diff: Two tiny documentation fixes.

      dimscrollbars.diff: When a window does not belong to the active
      application, its controls should be deactivated (dimmed). Normally,
      the standard event handler does this for free, but mac vim does (not
      yet) use the standard event handler, so this patch does it manually.

      Note that the tab drawer _does_ use the standard event handler, so
      without this patch the drawer's scrollbar is dimmed while the main
      scrollbar(s) are not when vim is not active, which looks kinda weird.

      Bye,
      Nico