RE: 7.1a.001 OSX colour scheme errors?

  • Michael Wookey
    Message 1 of 12 , May 9, 2007
      > > Has anyone else noticed this?
      >
      > You apparently are missing the runtime/rgb.txt file. It's part of the
      > extra archive. Perhaps you didn't unpack it correctly? You must have
      > unpacked it, since it contains src/gui_mac.c. And you must not change
      > the directory structure, otherwise Vim.app can't be generated
      > correctly.

      I have the rgb.txt in my build tree. Its just that 'make install'
      doesn't copy it over when building Vim.App. See further on in this
      thread with the subject "[SOLVED] RE: 7.1a.001 OSX colour scheme
      errors?".

      Is it possible for you to change the Makefile to copy rgb.txt to
      $VIMRUNTIME during 'make install'?

      Thanks.
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 12 , May 10, 2007
        Michael Wookey wrote:

        > > > Has anyone else noticed this?
        > >
        > > You apparently are missing the runtime/rgb.txt file. It's part of the
        > > extra archive. Perhaps you didn't unpack it correctly? You must have
        > > unpacked it, since it contains src/gui_mac.c. And you must not change
        > > the directory structure, otherwise Vim.app can't be generated
        > > correctly.
        >
        > I have the rgb.txt in my build tree. Its just that 'make install'
        > doesn't copy it over when building Vim.App. See further on in this
        > thread with the subject "[SOLVED] RE: 7.1a.001 OSX colour scheme
        > errors?".
        >
        > Is it possible for you to change the Makefile to copy rgb.txt to
        > $VIMRUNTIME during 'make install'?

        OK, I was trying the Vim.app after building it. Then it uses a link to
        the runtime files, thus rgb.txt is there.

        I'll add a specific line to copy rgb.txt.

        --
        I AM THANKFUL...
        ...for the clothes that fit a little too snug because it

      • A.J.Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 12 , May 10, 2007
          Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          [...]
          > I'll add a specific line to copy rgb.txt.

          Just for the record, after reformatting the entries to a common format and
          sorting, a diff between my ~/.build/vim/vim71a/runtime/rgb.txt and my
          /usr/share/X11/rgb.txt shows no other difference than the header comment -- so
          I suppose copying it unconditionally oughtn't to harm the OSs where there
          already is an rgb.txt.

          Oh, and just for fun: I slapped together a syntax script for rgb.txt
          (attached). I use it with a zero-length ftplugin and a one-line detection
          autocommand in filetype.vim (which are not attached: the autocommand is: "au
          BufRead,BufNewFile rgb.txt setf rgb"); Bram, what do you think of it?

          Best regards,
          Tony.
        • Bram Moolenaar
          Message 4 of 12 , May 10, 2007
            Tony Mechelynck wrote:

            > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > [...]
            > > I'll add a specific line to copy rgb.txt.
            > >

            > Just for the record, after reformatting the entries to a common format and
            > sorting, a diff between my ~/.build/vim/vim71a/runtime/rgb.txt and my
            > /usr/share/X11/rgb.txt shows no other difference than the header comment -- so
            > I suppose copying it unconditionally oughtn't to harm the OSs where there
            > already is an rgb.txt.

            Unless someone has an enhanced rgb.txt...

            > Oh, and just for fun: I slapped together a syntax script for rgb.txt
            > (attached). I use it with a zero-length ftplugin and a one-line detection
            > autocommand in filetype.vim (which are not attached: the autocommand is: "au
            > BufRead,BufNewFile rgb.txt setf rgb"); Bram, what do you think of it?

            Looks good. But I'll include it later. Needs some testing first.

            --
            From "know your smileys":
            :-E Has major dental problems