Re: vim from terminal?

  • Richard Newman
    Message 1 of 10 , May 8, 2007
      Here's how.

      sudo -s # Enter your password.
      cd /usr/bin
      mv vim oldvim # Back up the old one.
      ln -s /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim vim
      exit # Leave sudo.

      Just make sure that you don't remove Vim.app from Applications, or
      your console vim will go away!

      Another way to do this is to put /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/
      MacOS/ at the front of your path, and rely on HFS being case-
      insensitive; I can start Vim as vim on my MBP.