Re: new Vim binary for Mac OS X

    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 5, 2001
      On Wednesday, December 5, 2001, at 12:49 PM, Ken Scott wrote:

      > [snip]
      > The updated "V" with the thicker bar looks nice.
      > [snip]
      > I really, really like the icon with the tag at the top. However, the
      > matching version, without the tag, looks unbalanced (the icon is too
      > low).
      > Is that particular version supposed to be used, or is it just a template
      > for further expansion of file types?
      >
      > As far as filetypes, VIM is guaranteed. I would think that we could
      > potentially need an icon for every filetype that Vim understands syntax
      > for. I'm not sure just how much work that is, or if it would be
      > practical
      > to have Vim registered to be the editor for all those filetypes.
      >
      > Even if the filetypes aren't registered, it might be nice to have the
      > icons available to be used on a file-by-file basis.
      >
      > Thanks for the great work!

      I agree on all points. Now, why doesn't it work for me? I already
      edited Vim.app/Contents/Info.plist and I just installed a new
      txt.icns . When I

      % open txt.icns

      the new icon comes up in Preview.app, so it looks as though I did not
      make a mistake there. I tried moving and copying Vim.app, and I tried
      restarting the Finder. (I did not yet try logging out and in again.) I
      made a new file foo.txt with Vim.app, but it still has the old icon.

      --Benji Fisher

      P.S. I may post a new binary tomorrow, with drag-and-drop enabled.
      Dany, is there any chance of addressing the problem with :browse real
      soon?