Re: What's the current state of vim 6?

  • Troy Arnold
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
      On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 09:02:58AM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:

      > I do not use cvs/svn because I am not sure how to recover after a
      > patch fails to apply cleanly, so I cannot say how to get vim 6.x out of
      > cvs.

      Well, for svn the 'revert' command will take you back to a pristine copy of
      your checked out copy.
      $ svn revert

      If you mean undoing a patch that has been applied to an already modified
      working copy -- that's not really an issue either. After all, a subversion
      working copy is just a regular subdirectory, with regular files and you may
      manipulate them in the usual ways (patch, diff, etc)

      People are generally quite surprised how easy it is to get up and running
      with subversion, even without any previous experience with revision
      control systems.

      There's good documentation here: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
      Read chapters one and two (they're short!) and you'll be off and running.

      -troy