Re: A few questions about remove deprecated function calls

  • Nicolas Weber
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 5, 2007

      > 2007/4/5, Nicolas Weber <nicolasweber@...>:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> I've attached a document I wrote a few weeks ago that might be
      >> helpful. Probably it's not, though :-P
      >>

      > It's very helpful, I think you should add this to the wiki :)

      Yes, that was why I asked for markdown support. Panos is working on
      it, but it turns out to be more difficult than expected. I'll post it
      (and some other stuff, for example how the main loop hack in the
      events patch works) when markdown support works.

      > My current approach is create an empty gui_mac.c and add to it
      > piece by
      > piece, and try to keep the code in a more organized and easier
      > to maintained way. After I finished one experiment and know which
      > code I could change/remove safely, I'll start to make patch on
      > the main repository.
      >
      > Many APIs are interrelated, it makes changing the code directly
      > on main repository very difficult (to avoid broke things).

      Perhaps you could post some notes about your progress to the wiki as
      well (problems you hand and how you solved them; regressions you
      noticed, ...) :-)

      Bye,
      Nico