Re: Ctrl-^ (was Re: Vim with Thunderbird)

  • Nicolas Weber
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hi,

      >>> It does seem to me that the OS X port of Vim is somewhat less
      >>> mature than the ports for Linux and Windows. I've had some
      >>> problems with unicode font rendering, keyboard support (for
      >>> example, ctrl-^ doesn't work out-of-the-box), etc. But I expect
      >>> the rough edges to be smoothed out over time.
      >> can you try if this patch [1] fixed the ctrl-6 issue for you?
      >> [1]: http://wiki.macvim.org/wiki/VimPatches/Ctrl6

      > I just tested your patch, and unfortunately it doesn't fix the
      > problem I have with CTRL-^. If I understand the patch correctly,
      > it hard-wires CTRL-2 and CTRL-6 to their shifted equivalents (CTRL-
      > @ and CTRL-^). I believe the patch does as it is intended because
      > the patched version of Vim circumvents my work-around for the still-
      > broken CTRL-^ behavior.

      thanks for your feedback. I just realized that I "tested" this patch
      without --enable-multibyte, so that my code wasn't used at all. Way
      to go.

      Anyways, I guess I know why Ctrl-^ doesn't work now (and why my patch
      is completely worthless in its current form). I'll see if I can find
      a way to fix it...

      Bye,
      Nico