Re: Mac tabpages patch

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30 11:03 AM
      On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 09:07:18PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > I have applied the patch from Nicolas Weber to add GUI support to tab
      > pages. I have cleaned it up a bit, it is included below. Changes are
      > mostly to make it look like the Vim standard formatting and avoiding C++
      > syntax. Made quite a few things "static". There are still a few C++
      > things in there, I don't think it compiles with anything but gcc.
      >
      > A few things I noticed on a quick try:
      >
      > - There are no tab pages labels, there is a new window with them. Takes
      > a lot of screen space. Can't we have labels like on other systems, so
      > that they really look like tab pages?
      >
      > - Maximizing with the green "+" button only changes the height. Don't
      > know if this was already so.
      >
      > - Using ":set columns=999" doesn't fit the window to the screen size.
      > Don't know if this was already so.
      >
      > I would like to have feedback on this before I send this patch out.

      I have not had any complaints since posting vim 7.0.218 with the
      guitab.v7 patch and the ATSUI patch. They have been available from
      http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php#Downloading
      for two weeks now.

      There is a minor conflict between the two patches, so I had to edit
      one of them by hand (ugh). I will be happy if one is made official and
      the other is updated to be consistent with it.

      I have only used Nico's patch, from
      http://wiki.macvim.org/wiki/VimPatches

      HTH --Benji Fisher