Cursor redraw problem with :set foldmethod=marker, Mac OS X 10.4.9, GVIM

  • Kurt Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2007

      When I have foldmethod=marker in GVIM and I scroll by holding down the j or
      k keys, the cursor fails to redraw as it moves down or up the page, although
      once I stop scrolling the cursor redraws again at the current line, which is
      usually about 8-10 lines below the original line. It is not necessary to
      have any actual folds in the file to observe this behavior, just
      foldmethod=marker. Everything works fine in the Terminal, however. I'm on
      a dual G5, OS X 10.4.9. I tried applying the patches and compiling on my
      own, but it didn't help.

      Here's the output from "vim --version":

      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0 (2006 May 7, compiled Feb 27 2007 17:13:53)
      MacOS X (unix) version
      Included patches: 1-205
      Compiled by kwsmith1@...
      Huge version with Carbon GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      +arabic +autocmd -balloon_eval +browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent

      -clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info
      +comments
      +cryptv +cscope +cursorshape +dialog_con_gui +diff +digraphs -dnd -ebcdic
      +emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path

      +folding -footer +fork() +gettext -hangul_input +iconv +insert_expand
      +jumplist
      +keymap +langmap +libcall +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap +menu
      +mksession +modify_fname +mouse -mouseshape +mouse_dec -mouse_gpm
      -mouse_jsbterm +mouse_netterm +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang -mzscheme

      -netbeans_intg -osfiletype +path_extra +perl +postscript +printer +profile
      +python +quickfix +reltime +rightleft -ruby +scrollbind +signs +smartindent
      -sniff +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary +tag_old_static
      -tag_any_white +tcl +terminfo +termresponse +textobjects +title -toolbar
      +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit +visual +visualextra +viminfo
      +vreplace
      +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup -X11 -xfontset -xim -xsmp
      -xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
      system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
      user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
      user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
      system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
      user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
      fall-back for $VIM: "/Applications/Vim.app/Contents /Resources/vim"
      Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_MAC -fno-common
      -fpascal-strings -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas -mdynamic-no-pic -pipe -I.
      -Iproto -arch ppc -DMACOS_X_UNIX -no-cpp-precomp
      -I/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon -O -fno-strength-reduce -Wall -g
      -DPERL_DARWIN -no-cpp-precomp -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include
      -I/System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE
      -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5
      -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers -D_REENTRANT=1
      -D_THREAD_SAFE=1
      Linking: gcc -arch ppc -L/usr/local/lib -o Vim -framework Carbon
      -lncurses -liconv -lintl -L/usr/local/lib
      /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a
      -L/System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE -lperl -lm -lc
      -framework Python -framework Tcl -framework CoreFoundation