Fwd: QuickDraw and OS X 10.5

  • Jjgod Jiang
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21 6:11 PM
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Jjgod Jiang <gzjjgod@...>
      Date: 2007-3-22 上午9:11
      Subject: Re: QuickDraw and OS X 10.5
      To: Nicolas Weber <nicolasweber@...>

      Hi Nicolas,

      2007/3/21, Nicolas Weber <nicolasweber@...>:
      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I just noticed that QuickDraw (which vim uses if nomacatsui is set)
      > doesn't work with the resolution independence in 10.5. Source:
      >
      > http://developer.apple.com/releasenotes/GraphicsImaging/RN-
      > ResolutionIndependentUI/
      >
      > I just wanted to raise awareness of this issue. Let's all test Jigod
      > Jiang's ATSUI patch; if it fixes all problems we should drop the
      > QuickTime code.

      I'm afraid the current code still heavily depend on QuickDraw to do
      a lot of stuff (select font, select color, move drawing position, etc.),
      ATSUI is just used for font rendering.

      IMHO, to completely remove the dependency on QuickDraw, we
      should use Quartz 2D (plus ATSUI, of course). To make this
      replacement, a lot of work need to be done.

      - jjgod.