colour scheme per buffer?

  • Tim Stebbing
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2007
      Is there any way to colour a buffer differently from another? how hard
      would it be to implement this? I often have 2-4 buffers split and
      displayed, I want to set the focused buffer to my regular colour
      scheme, and all other buffers to a dull washed out low contrast colour
      scheme.

      cheers,

      tjs

      --
      Timothy J Stebbing, Senior Developer, Nunatak Systems
      301 sandy bay rd, sandy bay, TAS, AU 7050
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2007
        On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 10:03:16AM +1100, Tim Stebbing wrote:
        > Is there any way to colour a buffer differently from another? how hard
        > would it be to implement this? I often have 2-4 buffers split and
        > displayed, I want to set the focused buffer to my regular colour
        > scheme, and all other buffers to a dull washed out low contrast colour
        > scheme.

        This is not a mac-specific question, so you might get more ideas
        from the vim@... mailing list.

        I do not think there is any way to do this. Have you considered
        using tabs instead of split windows?

        :help tab-page-intro

        HTH --Benji Fisher