Re: Making GVim a better OS X citizen

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2007
      On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 03:12:23PM +0200, Panos Laganakos wrote:
      > I rarely use the top menus to set things myself, but I was wondering:
      >
      > 1. Would it make sense to have a preferences section like the rest of
      > the OS X apps, to make it easier for newcomers?
      >
      > 2. And if so, would it require a lot of hacking to the point of not
      > being worth it?
      >
      > --
      > Panos Laganakos

      Vim has several items under the Edit menu, where "Preferences..."
      used to be in most Mac apps. I think the standard distribution of vim
      includes a "Settings Window" menu item, which does the same as

      :options

      The system gvimrc file that I distribute adds a "Preferences..." item as
      well.

      More recent apps have the Preferences item under the app menu, but
      we do not seem to have a way to set that. See #5 on the list of bugs at
      http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php#Bugs .

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • David Morel
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2007
        Le 12 mars 07 à 15:58, Benji Fisher a écrit :

        > On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 10:20:07AM +0100, David Morel wrote:
        >>
        >> One thing that I'm dearly missing (in the "OSX conformance"
        >> department) is the ability to use tab to set the focus in dialog
        >> boxes (most notably the cancel/ignore/save box on closing). I can now
        >> use the keyboard only on most mac apps, but oddly enough for an
        >> application which is designed to be keyboard-driven, this is not
        >> possible in Vim :)
        >>
        >> David Morel
        >
        > David:
        >
        > You might have some luck discussing this on the list. I do not
        > know anything about programming on the Mac, so I cannot fix this.

        Argh ! the dreaded "reply/reply to all" syndrom :(

        David Morel