Re: [patch] fix ATSUI support, fix CJK (wide) character rendering, fix TSM support

  • Jjgod Jiang
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 8 6:15 PM

      2007/3/9, Arnaud BARRÉ <arnaud.barre@...>:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Like I want to use the services menu in Vim, I'm really happy to see
      > that your patch active them.

      Well, what I'm talking about "Text Service Manager" is not the same with
      those Services provided in your Application->Services menu, instead, I
      mean those text services lists in your keyboard menu. For more information,
      please refer to:

      http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/UnderstandTextInput_TSM/index.html

      (I understand it's pretty confusing..

      What needs to be done to support those cocoa services you mentioned in
      Carbon app is another question needs to be investigated, which I don't
      have time to do yet. But I'll keep that in mind.

      > The second is not necessary so i delete it. The first seems not
      > necessary too because
      > 'eventKind' in 'UInt32 eventKind = GetEventKind(theEvent)' isn't used
      > after this line. So I delete this hunk too.

      > If I look in the terminal window I can see some "eventKind = 2" lines.
      > Theses lines are the results of the characters typed in the Vim's
      > window.

      Yep, you can safely remove that. It's part of some experimental hack,
      I still working on full support to Text Services Manager.

      > I hope this report can help you,

      Thank you.

      - jjgod.
    • Arnaud BARRÉ