Re: Where's my Vim icon?

  • Nicolas Weber
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1 3:47 AM

      > I see that fonts are not anti-aliased. Is that because it's a
      > Carbon app instead of a Cocoa one?

      No, that has nothing to do with Carbon/Cocoa. Mac Vim's font handling
      code is simply buggy. You have to choose if anti-aliasing or unicode
      text display works iuc (yes, that's an exclusive or :-P).

      Nico
    • Andre Schaefer
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1 4:07 AM
        Hello,

        I currently observe severe problems even with no antialiasing; utf-8
        support seems to be buggy.

        I wonder, if there is some short term workaround? I currently edit a
        long utf-8 document and would be happy to use mac Vim.app instead of the
        shell vi or Aquamacs Emacs (although the latter is not bad in terms of
        stability and OS integration, it seems ;) - and it has viper-mode )

        I did try all the enc/(no)macatsui/(no)anti/gfn patterns it seems.

        Too bad: my ~/.gvimrc seems to let Vim.app crash, when doublecllicking.
        using the gvim starter script from the shell does work... strange.

        Seems to have something to do with my locale settings and translated
        menus, probably.

        I will post a trace, if that seems to be useful... ? (be patient; I am
        not at home at my mac currently)

        ciao,
        André