RE: showing line & column #'s as you move cursor

  • Michael Wookey
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2007

      > when I use VI on my linux machine, the bottom of the window shows the
      > current line & column # as I move the cursor around. I can't find the
      > setting to turn this feature on in my mac's version of VI.

      Have a look at:

      :help statusline

      For example, my statusline below is the following and displays the
      current line and row, the percentage through the file, current byte
      offset in the file, hex value of the character under the cursor, current
      buffer number and several other things.

      set statusline=%y\ %f%00(\ %m%*%)%00(\ %r%*%)%00(\ %h%w%)\ %=%36(\
      [0x%B][O:0x%O][B:%n][L:%l/%L][C:%2c-%2v][%%:%p]%)

      cheers