compilation problem

  • David Morel
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2007
      I just got a brand new macbook and wanted to reinstall a few things, among
      which Vim. But i get this at compile time :

      checking --with-tlib argument... empty: automatic terminal library selection
      checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
      checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
      checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
      checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
      no terminal library found
      checking for tgetent()... configure: error: NOT FOUND!
      You need to install a terminal library; for example ncurses.
      Or specify the name of the library with --with-tlib.

      I must say I'm a bit puzzled, libncurses is there obviously. Any hints ?
      --
      David Morel
    • John Love-Jensen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2007
        Hi David,

        Did you install Xcode first/yet?

        Sincerely,
        --Eljay
      • David Morel
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2007
          John Love-Jensen a écrit :
          > Hi David,
          >
          > Did you install Xcode first/yet?

          I sure did. maybe an upgrade would help ?

          --
          David Morel <david.morel@...>