Re: mac gui tabline v5

  • Silent1
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2007
      just compiled it as well and everything looks great, i'll will be using it
      all day today and if i find any bugs i'll report back. Nice work, thanks
      --Brendon

      On 2/11/07, Nicolas Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > Michael Wookey suggested that the size of the gui tabline drawer
      > should be changable. I agree and added this to the patch. It's the
      > only change (except that this patch is for the current svn version).
      > With this patch you can drag the edge of the drawer to change its size.
      >
      > If you make the drawer to small, it'll disappear (like in all apps
      > where you can resize the drawer). To bring it back, open a tab (or
      > close a tab) or call :set showtabline=1 or :set showtabline=2. If you
      > want it hidden, call :set showtabline=0, just as before.
      >
      > Apply in vim's root directory.
      >
      > If you like this patch and want it included in Vim, then speak up!
      > Tell Bram (preferably via this list) that you like this patch and
      > that it works for you. Likewise, if you don't like it, speak up as
      > well :-P
      >
      > Bye,
      > Nico

    • Panos Laganakos
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2007
        I got a couple of emails asking where to get the patch - Nicolas has
        uploaded it here:

        http://panos.solhost.org/macvim/VimPatches/GuiTab

        --
        Panos Laganakos
      • Arnaud BARRÉ
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007

          I have compiled Vim with the guitab.v5 patch (Vim 7.0.201) on Panther
          (10.3.9). I have no problem when i use it and it works great!
          I just seen some display glitchs ...

          First : I launch Vim from GVim.app. I add a tab (:tabnew command). The
          panel appears. Now i want to resize my window. So I drag the right
          corner and i have some display problem. The border freeze. This
          problem appears just the first time you want to resize the window.

          Second : Vim is launched and i have 8 tab (8 is just an example). Now
          I resize my window to have the scrollbar in the panel. I use the
          scrollbar to see the last tab and now I increase the window to see all
          the tab. On my Mac the scrollbar doesn't desappear.

          Third : (but I'm not sure), On the wiki I can see the blue and withe
          color in the background panel. On my mac i have just a white
          background in the panel. Is is an option to have this white/blue
          background?

          Fourth : I love the panel and it work great. When i resize the panel i
          have some display problem (when iI increase the panel, a white
          rectangle appears just brefore the panel border refreshes. If I reduce
          the panel, the scrollbar and the panel move irregulary ... A video
          would be better than my incomprehensible description).

          The last ot the last : What about a panel which would be a little bit
          small. In some Mac applications, the panel extremity is not at the end
          of the window but the line before ... Look this picture for a better
          explanation http://www.panic.com/transmit/images/screen-t3-1.jpg

          Really thanks to enhance Vim.app Nicolas!

          Regards,

          Arnaud
        • Nicolas Weber
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007

            Am 01.03.2007 um 16:59 schrieb Arnaud BARRÉ:

            > Third : (but I'm not sure), On the wiki I can see the blue and withe
            > color in the background panel. On my mac i have just a white
            > background in the panel. Is is an option to have this white/blue
            > background?

            That's a list style that's only supported on 10.4. You're using 10.3,
            so you get a plain white background.

            I'll take a look at your other points tomorrow (I only have 10.4, so
            I don't know if I'll be able to see them all). Thanks for your feedback.

            Bye,
            Nico