Re: mac gui tabline v5

  • Panos Laganakos
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2007
      Looks good Nicolas, keep it up!

      I applied the patch and it builds up fine. Not sure if this is
      relevant, but it seems that the startup time has expanded a bit after
      applying the patch, I'll try measuring it before/after and report
      back.

      Other than that, it looks pretty sweet. Still I'd be great if you
      implemented buffer support at some point :)

      --
      Panos Laganakos
    • Silent1
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2007
        just compiled it as well and everything looks great, i'll will be using it
        all day today and if i find any bugs i'll report back. Nice work, thanks
        --Brendon

        On 2/11/07, Nicolas Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > Michael Wookey suggested that the size of the gui tabline drawer
        > should be changable. I agree and added this to the patch. It's the
        > only change (except that this patch is for the current svn version).
        > With this patch you can drag the edge of the drawer to change its size.
        >
        > If you make the drawer to small, it'll disappear (like in all apps
        > where you can resize the drawer). To bring it back, open a tab (or
        > close a tab) or call :set showtabline=1 or :set showtabline=2. If you
        > want it hidden, call :set showtabline=0, just as before.
        >
        > Apply in vim's root directory.
        >
        > If you like this patch and want it included in Vim, then speak up!
        > Tell Bram (preferably via this list) that you like this patch and
        > that it works for you. Likewise, if you don't like it, speak up as
        > well :-P
        >
        > Bye,
        > Nico

      • Panos Laganakos
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2007
          I got a couple of emails asking where to get the patch - Nicolas has
          uploaded it here:

          http://panos.solhost.org/macvim/VimPatches/GuiTab

          --
          Panos Laganakos
        • Arnaud BARRÉ
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007

            I have compiled Vim with the guitab.v5 patch (Vim 7.0.201) on Panther
            (10.3.9). I have no problem when i use it and it works great!
            I just seen some display glitchs ...

            First : I launch Vim from GVim.app. I add a tab (:tabnew command). The
            panel appears. Now i want to resize my window. So I drag the right
            corner and i have some display problem. The border freeze. This
            problem appears just the first time you want to resize the window.

            Second : Vim is launched and i have 8 tab (8 is just an example). Now
            I resize my window to have the scrollbar in the panel. I use the
            scrollbar to see the last tab and now I increase the window to see all
            the tab. On my Mac the scrollbar doesn't desappear.

            Third : (but I'm not sure), On the wiki I can see the blue and withe
            color in the background panel. On my mac i have just a white
            background in the panel. Is is an option to have this white/blue
            background?

            Fourth : I love the panel and it work great. When i resize the panel i
            have some display problem (when iI increase the panel, a white
            rectangle appears just brefore the panel border refreshes. If I reduce
            the panel, the scrollbar and the panel move irregulary ... A video
            would be better than my incomprehensible description).

            The last ot the last : What about a panel which would be a little bit
            small. In some Mac applications, the panel extremity is not at the end
            of the window but the line before ... Look this picture for a better
            explanation http://www.panic.com/transmit/images/screen-t3-1.jpg

            Really thanks to enhance Vim.app Nicolas!

            Regards,

            Arnaud
          • Nicolas Weber
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007

              Am 01.03.2007 um 16:59 schrieb Arnaud BARRÉ:

              > Third : (but I'm not sure), On the wiki I can see the blue and withe
              > color in the background panel. On my mac i have just a white
              > background in the panel. Is is an option to have this white/blue
              > background?

              That's a list style that's only supported on 10.4. You're using 10.3,
              so you get a plain white background.

              I'll take a look at your other points tomorrow (I only have 10.4, so
              I don't know if I'll be able to see them all). Thanks for your feedback.

              Bye,
              Nico