mac gui tabline v5

  • Nicolas Weber
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      Michael Wookey suggested that the size of the gui tabline drawer
      should be changable. I agree and added this to the patch. It's the
      only change (except that this patch is for the current svn version).
      With this patch you can drag the edge of the drawer to change its size.

      If you make the drawer to small, it'll disappear (like in all apps
      where you can resize the drawer). To bring it back, open a tab (or
      close a tab) or call :set showtabline=1 or :set showtabline=2. If you
      want it hidden, call :set showtabline=0, just as before.

      Apply in vim's root directory.

      If you like this patch and want it included in Vim, then speak up!
      Tell Bram (preferably via this list) that you like this patch and
      that it works for you. Likewise, if you don't like it, speak up as
      well :-P

      Bye,
      Nico
    • Panos Laganakos
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2007
        Looks good Nicolas, keep it up!

        I applied the patch and it builds up fine. Not sure if this is
        relevant, but it seems that the startup time has expanded a bit after
        applying the patch, I'll try measuring it before/after and report
        back.

        Other than that, it looks pretty sweet. Still I'd be great if you
        implemented buffer support at some point :)

        --
        Panos Laganakos
      • Silent1
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2007
          just compiled it as well and everything looks great, i'll will be using it
          all day today and if i find any bugs i'll report back. Nice work, thanks
          --Brendon

          On 2/11/07, Nicolas Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > Michael Wookey suggested that the size of the gui tabline drawer
          > should be changable. I agree and added this to the patch. It's the
          > only change (except that this patch is for the current svn version).
          > With this patch you can drag the edge of the drawer to change its size.
          >
          > If you make the drawer to small, it'll disappear (like in all apps
          > where you can resize the drawer). To bring it back, open a tab (or
          > close a tab) or call :set showtabline=1 or :set showtabline=2. If you
          > want it hidden, call :set showtabline=0, just as before.
          >
          > Apply in vim's root directory.
          >
          > If you like this patch and want it included in Vim, then speak up!
          > Tell Bram (preferably via this list) that you like this patch and
          > that it works for you. Likewise, if you don't like it, speak up as
          > well :-P
          >
          > Bye,
          > Nico

        • Panos Laganakos
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 13, 2007
            I got a couple of emails asking where to get the patch - Nicolas has
            uploaded it here:

            http://panos.solhost.org/macvim/VimPatches/GuiTab

            --
            Panos Laganakos
          • Arnaud BARRÉ
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007

              I have compiled Vim with the guitab.v5 patch (Vim 7.0.201) on Panther
              (10.3.9). I have no problem when i use it and it works great!
              I just seen some display glitchs ...

              First : I launch Vim from GVim.app. I add a tab (:tabnew command). The
              panel appears. Now i want to resize my window. So I drag the right
              corner and i have some display problem. The border freeze. This
              problem appears just the first time you want to resize the window.

              Second : Vim is launched and i have 8 tab (8 is just an example). Now
              I resize my window to have the scrollbar in the panel. I use the
              scrollbar to see the last tab and now I increase the window to see all
              the tab. On my Mac the scrollbar doesn't desappear.

              Third : (but I'm not sure), On the wiki I can see the blue and withe
              color in the background panel. On my mac i have just a white
              background in the panel. Is is an option to have this white/blue
              background?

              Fourth : I love the panel and it work great. When i resize the panel i
              have some display problem (when iI increase the panel, a white
              rectangle appears just brefore the panel border refreshes. If I reduce
              the panel, the scrollbar and the panel move irregulary ... A video
              would be better than my incomprehensible description).

              The last ot the last : What about a panel which would be a little bit
              small. In some Mac applications, the panel extremity is not at the end
              of the window but the line before ... Look this picture for a better
              explanation http://www.panic.com/transmit/images/screen-t3-1.jpg

              Really thanks to enhance Vim.app Nicolas!

              Regards,

              Arnaud
            • Nicolas Weber
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007

                Am 01.03.2007 um 16:59 schrieb Arnaud BARRÉ:

                > Third : (but I'm not sure), On the wiki I can see the blue and withe
                > color in the background panel. On my mac i have just a white
                > background in the panel. Is is an option to have this white/blue
                > background?

                That's a list style that's only supported on 10.4. You're using 10.3,
                so you get a plain white background.

                I'll take a look at your other points tomorrow (I only have 10.4, so
                I don't know if I'll be able to see them all). Thanks for your feedback.

                Bye,
                Nico