Re: Right click mouse menu on MAC

  • Joseph Retzer
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
      Thanks for the response. I downloaded and installed:

      vim7.0.188-univ.tar.bz2 (6443078 bytes, last modified 2007/01/29)
      vim 7.0.188 Universal Binary

      Which I think is all I need. I put the included .gvimrc file in ~/. I also tried the .gvimrc file on the website which generated the error I noted below.
      One other thing, when I use the vim program (which was part of Tiger) my RMB menu appears just fine.

      Thanks again for any help,
      Joe Retzer

      Nicolas Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote: Hi,

      > I have no RMB click menu when using GVIM 7.0.188. I also cannot
      > find any reference to this problem so I'm wondering if there is a
      > problem with my install. I'm using Tiger on an Intel machine. I've
      > also enabled mouse "popup" with no effect. I've also used
      > the .gvimrc file on the site and get an error: line 63:E329: No
      > menu "&Select All".

      the context menu works fine for me with a somewhat older
      version...perhaps you don't have all runtime files installed?

      Bye,
      Nico
    • Joseph Retzer
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 15, 2007
        I'm ready to give up on the gvim command line version of
        vim. Apparently it is not possible to launch from the
        command line using the latest version (see below) and
        right click in the document to bring up a menu with
        cut/paste etc. I can make these choices from the menu at
        the top of the screen but not with a right mouse click.
        Some have noted they can do this but after a lot of
        experimentation, it seems impossible on my system. Can
        someone offer advice and/or an example .gvimrc file I can
        take a look at? While this may not sound like a major
        problem, the frustration involved is quite high. This is
        particularly true given a windows version as well as
        the Mac implementation of vim can accomplish this with
        no problem.
        Any help would be greatly appreciated,
        many thanks,
        Joe Retzer

        I have no RMB click menu when using GVIM 7.0.188. I also cannot
        > find any reference to this problem so I'm wondering if there is a
        > problem with my install. I'm using Tiger on an Intel machine. I've
        > also enabled mouse "popup" with no effect. I've also used
        > the .gvimrc file on the site and get an error: line 63:E329: No
        > menu "&Select All".
      • Nico Weber
        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2007

          > I'm ready to give up on the gvim command line version of
          > vim. Apparently it is not possible to launch from the
          > command line using the latest version (see below) and
          > right click in the document to bring up a menu with
          > cut/paste etc.

          this is really long ago, but I found the problem (it's Intel-
          specific, that's why I didn't see it before). I have a patch for it,
          sending it later.

          Bye,
          Nico