Re: Using filetype plugin for plist file

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 12:59:21PM +0100, listuser wrote:

      > Am 18.01.2007 um 22:19 schrieb Benji Fisher:
      >
      > > By the way, what is the binary plist format? Is it some sort
      > >of compressed XML?
      >
      > As of Mac OS X 10.3 or so many plist files are stored in binary
      > format. They must be converted to xml before they can be
      > edited like a plain text file. This can be done easyly with the
      > command plutil (see man plutil for details).
      >
      > I have written a ftplugin (based on the work of Moritz Heckscher) to
      > automate this conversion forward and backwards.
      > I plan to publish it after some further testing and improvement
      > becaus I think it might br useful to other macusers.

      Yes, I think it will be useful. Thanks for the tip.

      One of the many projects I cannot find the time to complete is
      figuring out how to adapt the gzip plugin (especially the parts in
      $VIMRUNTIME/autoload/ ) to work with other filters. I have filters that
      let me read ms-word, ms-excel, and PDF in vim, and there should be an
      easy way to invoke them. The binary plist format is another example.

      > Best regards
      > Martin
      >
      > PS: Pleas send replies also to vim-mac@... - otherwise they will
      > not get to everybody!

      Sorry. After my Linux computer died, I was using Mail.app for a
      while, but not long enough to develop good habits with it. Now that I
      have set up mutt on my iMac, I am again more likely to give that advice
      than to need it. ;)

      HTH --Benji Fisher