Re: vim window width

  • Matthew Jenove
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2007
      Panos Laganakos <panos.laganakos@...> wrote:
      > Is there a way to modify the way that Vim maximizes?

      I don't know if this really answers your question, but I use "win" in
      command mode to set the window size. On my 15" Powerbook, the first
      think I typically type in a [g]vim window is

      :win 80 63

      And this gets me an 80-column window just about as tall as the screen.
      I also use

      :win 165 63

      when doing split-diff's. I suppose you can just play around with it
      until you find your favorite window size, and then drop it in your rc
      file or commit the dimensions to memory.

      HTH,
      matthew jenove

      --
      "If it isn't raining now, take the bike. As long as you get to work
      dry it doesn't matter if you come home wet."