Re: mapping shift-arrow

  • Jarimatti Valkonen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
      Rui Gonçalves kirjoitti 7.1.2007 kello 1:09:

      > is possible change the behavior of key combination <shift><left-arrow>
      > to "go to begin of line" in insert mode?

      :imap <S-Left> <ESC>I
      :imap <S-Right> <ESC>A

      That seems to do the trick here. The second mapping is for jumping to
      the end of the line.

      --
      Jarimatti Valkonen
      javalkon@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
        I don't understand the reason, but this does't work... I tried

        :imap <C-a> <Esc>I

        and this solved the problem, but what is the problem with <S-Left> ?

        On 1/7/07, Jarimatti Valkonen <javalkon@...> wrote:
        > :imap <S-Left> <ESC>I
        > :imap <S-Right> <ESC>A
      • Nicolas Weber
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007

          > I don't understand the reason, but this does't work... I tried
          >
          > :imap <C-a> <Esc>I
          >
          > and this solved the problem, but what is the problem with <S-Left> ?

          It might be possible that this does only work with a recent patch.
          Try the latest svn version...

          Nico