mapping shift-arrow

  • Rui Gonçalves
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2007
      is possible change the behavior of key combination <shift><left-arrow>
      to "go to begin of line" in insert mode?

      regards
      Rui Gonçalves

      PS: I already asked this in the vim list, but i didn't solve the
      "problem"... sorry for duplicated messages.
    • Jarimatti Valkonen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
        Rui Gonçalves kirjoitti 7.1.2007 kello 1:09:

        > is possible change the behavior of key combination <shift><left-arrow>
        > to "go to begin of line" in insert mode?

        :imap <S-Left> <ESC>I
        :imap <S-Right> <ESC>A

        That seems to do the trick here. The second mapping is for jumping to
        the end of the line.

        --
        Jarimatti Valkonen
        javalkon@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
          I don't understand the reason, but this does't work... I tried

          :imap <C-a> <Esc>I

          and this solved the problem, but what is the problem with <S-Left> ?

          On 1/7/07, Jarimatti Valkonen <javalkon@...> wrote:
          > :imap <S-Left> <ESC>I
          > :imap <S-Right> <ESC>A
        • Nicolas Weber
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007

            > I don't understand the reason, but this does't work... I tried
            >
            > :imap <C-a> <Esc>I
            >
            > and this solved the problem, but what is the problem with <S-Left> ?

            It might be possible that this does only work with a recent patch.
            Try the latest svn version...

            Nico